When a patient experiences the loss of all teeth in an arch, the most common treatment is a full denture.
A full denture consists of teeth inserted in a pink acrylic base (color of your gums). Full dentures not only allow a patient to chew, but also can provide excellent aesthetics and help with speech.
At Markiewicz Dental, we have helped restore our patients to function with full dentures since 1988. There is no need to be fearful or embarrassed. We know how to help.
Every patient presents with unique circumstances, but four scenarios are common.
- A patient has worn dentures for years and needs a new set. Often the patient wants improvement in aesthetics and/or function.
- A patient will be losing their reaming teeth and will need dentures for the first time. (Dentures can be fabricated prior to extractions and delivered at time of extractions.)
- A patient has no teeth, but has never had dentures.
- A patient has either lost or damaged their existing dentures and needs a new set ASAP.
But, don’t worry—we at Markiewicz Dental can help.
- Evaluation including needed X-rays and photographs
- Discussion of your unique wants and needs
- A detailed treatment plan including all fees and steps (including a timeline to completion)
Once treatment begins, the common steps are:
- Impressions of your jaws
- Recording of your lip position, smile, and bite to allow set-up of teeth for try-in
- Selection of tooth color and shape
- Try-in of preliminary denture set-up. We will evaluate the denture set-up for aesthetics and function. If we all agree, the set-up is ideal, we will have the denture processed for delivery. If we want to improve the set-up, we will.
- Delivery of the dentures
- Adjustments as necessary
When your dentures become loose, they can be refitted by relining them (see the video below)
Options with Dentures
Often patients desire more stability and retention than a removable denture can provide. Combining dentures with implants can provide options:
- Removable dentures can be implant retained denture (See the video below)
- Dentures can be permanently affixed to implants know as a Hybrid Denture-(See video below)
We at Markiewicz Dental pride ourselves in providing our patients with dentures that are beautiful and functional. If you are in need of dentures, contact our Mundelein dental office for a consultation.