– 2 cups of flour
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 3/4 cup of butter, softened
– Green food coloring (optional)
– 1 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
– 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Orange extract
– 1/2 cup of sanding sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
Tequila Glaze Ingredients:
– 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar
– 1 tablespoon of water
– 1 tablespoon of tequila
1. Mix flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. Set aside
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, lime peel, extract, and food coloring (if using); mix well.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
4. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a log about 9 inches long and 1.5 inches in diameter. Wrap in wax paper
5. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm
6. Preheat the oven to 350F.
7. Mix sanding sugar and kosher salt. Roll each cold dough log in mixture to coat evenly.
8. Cut dough into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place on un-greased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle a bit of additional sugar and salt mixture on top.
9. Bake 12-15 minters or unto lightly browned around edges. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute, then move to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
10. Drizzle Tequila Glaze over cooled cookies. If desired, sprinkle lightly with salt/sugar mixture. Let stand until glaze is set.
11. Text our office (847.566.2811) a photo of you enjoying Holly’s “Cookies with a Kick!”