Thank you for choosing Markiewicz Dental. Our primary mission is to deliver the best and most comprehensive dental care available. To ensure your safety, we have instituted new protocols. Our desire is to continue to deliver a quality dental experience every time you call our office, browse our website, or visit our office. Safety and quality are our priorities. We have made investments in our facility and our technology to best allow us to deliver quality experiences in a safe environment. While your return to our office will initially seem different, remember it is the same smiling faces behind those masks and shields. We are here to help each of you. Do not hesitate to ask a team member if you need anything.
Please familiarize yourself with these new protocols and have the following information available for your call:
- Medical history including a current list of medications
- Dental Insurance Card
- Credit Card or Bank Account Information for payment
The pandemic related closure of our office caused us to cancel approximately 1500 dental appointments. As we begin to expand the dental treatments we can offer, we will initially be appointing patients in urgent need of care. We will be expanding hours to accommodate our patients. We appreciate your patience as we work through this process.
Here is a Summary of the Appointment Process (Three Steps):
- Scheduling the Appointment:
- Update your health history
- Complete a COVID-19 screening
- Update personal information including dental insurance and payment information
- Upload Dental benefits card and other requested items
- Appointment Confirmation:
- We are following the CDC guidelines to help reduce the spread of respiratory viruses and thus are screening all patients within 72 hours of their appointment.
- What to expect:
- No sooner than 72 hours prior and no later than 24 hours prior to your appointment, you will be contacted by our office to confirm your appointment. All patients will need to complete a COVID screening. Again, this can be done over the phone with a team member or through email via an e-document. If the screening is not completed 24 hours prior to the appointment, the appointment will be offered to another patient and your appointment would need to be rescheduled.
- Arrive for your Appointment:
- Inform us of any changes to your health before arriving at our office. We ask that you inform us of a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 including cough or shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, or any symptoms of illness.
- We have staggered patient arrivals and departures to avoid patients encountering each other. We will do our best to maintain this staggered scheduling. In addition, we ask that all patients wear PPE while in our office until requested by a team member to remove.
- To protect our patients and team members we have installed protective barriers and all team members will always be wearing appropriate PPE including a face mask or shield
- When you arrive:
- Upon arrival, in the entryway, you will find a hand sanitizing station. You should find a hygienically packed pouch with your name on it. It will contain:
- A pair of gloves
- A mask (or use your own)
- A complimentary pen with a touch pad stylus
- We ask that you:
- Sanitize your hands rubbing for 20 seconds
- Please put on a mask and gloves prior to entering the reception area. Leave them on unless requested to remove by a team member
- Once you enter, you will be greeted by a team member and escorted to the treatment room. If necessary, you may be asked to be seated if additional time is needed to fully sanitize the treatment room.
- Once in the treatment room, your temperature and blood pressure will be taken, and we will again review screening questions.
Upon scheduling and appointment, we ask that each patient:
Each of these can be completed over the phone with a team member or via e-documents. If completed over the phone, please be allot 15-20 minutes for the call.
*If the above information is not completed with 48 hours of making the appointment, the appointment will be offered to another patient and require rescheduling
Here is a brief Check List to help
Thanks for scheduling your appointment with us. Within 48 hours of making the appointment, please be sure to have your:
☐Health History Update Completed
☐COVID-19 Screening Completed
☐Uploaded pictures of your Benefits Card, voided check, and any other requested documents
☐Financial/Payment policy completed
Then, when we contact you to confirm your appointment, please be sure to complete your COVID screening form.
☐72 Hour Appointment Confirmation and COVID Screening Completed
Day of Appointment:
Do a body scan. If you are not feeling well, please call us. When you arrive at the office, just follow the instructions in the entryway.