The BA .5 Update
We continue monitor the latest COVID 19 information and review our protocols. A few changes since our April 2022 update.
While BA .5 seems to be more contagious and cause less severe infections, we continue to be diligent with our protocols to keep all patients and team members safe.
COVID 19 transmission is best prevented using layer protections. At Markiewicz Dental of Mundelein, our COVID 19 Protocols use multiple layers of protection.
We ask that our patients:
Masks are available in our office
- Notify us if you have recently taken Paxlovid (Anti-viral)*
*Paxlovid is an effective anti-viral used to reduce severity and shorten infection time when given within five (5) days of a positive test. Paxlovid therapy may result in an asymptomatic COVID 19 rebound infection. While asymptomatic, the patient may me contagious.
- How to get Paxlovid:
- Your Primary Care Provider
- Test to Treat locations
- The data showed that participants (all of whom were unvaccinated) who were given Paxlovid were 89% less likely to develop severe illness and death compared to trial participants who received a placebo.
- You have to take Paxlovid within five days of developing symptoms.Like all antivirals, Paxlovid works best early in the course of an illness—in this case, within the first five days of symptom onset, says Jeffrey Topal, MD, a Yale Medicine infectious diseases specialist who is involved in determining COVID-19 treatment protocols for Yale New Haven Hospital patients.
- There have been reports of a “rebound” of COVID-19 symptoms in some people who have completed the five-day course of Paxlovid; in those cases, symptoms have recurred four or five days after completing the treatment. Some have also reported having a positive COVID-19 test after being treated with the drug. Pfizer had said that in the clinical trial for Paxlovid, several participants appeared to have a rebound in virus levels “around day 10 or day 14,” although this also occurred in some people who were given a placebo.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have been very aggressive implementing COVID related protections. Our installation of ventilation, air filtration, and negative pressure have proven to be very wise investments, all of which will continue to protect our patients and team members for years to come.
Please contact our office with any questions.
At Markiewicz Dental of Mundelein, we believe everyone deserves a healthy and beautiful smile. That’s why we’re proud to provide comprehensive dental services in a friendly and professional environment to our neighbors in Mundelein, Hawthorn Woods, Libertyville, Vernon Hills, Grayslake, Wauconda, and all of Lake County.
If you have any questions related to dental health or the services we provide in our dental office, please feel free to give us a call at 847-566-2811, reach out to us at our contact page, or schedule an appointment online.
We can’t wait to help you achieve a gorgeous smile. From everyone here at Markiewicz Dentistry, we wish all the best.
Our Team at Markiewicz Dental
**On February 28th, Governor Pritzker modified the indoor masking requirement in Illinois. Masking continues to be required in all healthcare facilities in Illinois.