As a commitment to both your health and a commitment to contribute to the Public Health, all dental appointments at Markiewicz Dental from Tuesday March 17, 2020 through Tuesday March 31, 2020 will be rescheduled. Please be patient, over the next few days, our Business Team will be contacting those with appointments to reschedule.
During this two-week period:
- Our Business Team will be available to assist with questions
- We will continue to monitor developments and recommendations to insure we will be fully prepared to re-open
- To accommodate rescheduling, we are opening additional clinic hours in April
- We will post updates to our website
- We will be available for emergency care only. Please call, as all emergencies must be pre-screened prior to any office visit
From Dr. Tony’s Bio:
“….. I am most grateful for the privilege of being allowed to share in so many of our patient’s lives. My life has been enhanced by the relationships we have developed with our patients. Many have been with our practice since childhood, and we have all grown together. We have shared the joys of the birth of children, graduations, new careers, and marriages and we have shared the sorrows of loss. It is a privilege to be allowed to share in the lives of so many wonderful people.”
Dr. David and I take very seriously our responsibility to safeguard your well-being. We have been attentive to the scientific data and recommendations of the CDC, WHO, and ADA. Things are changing rapidly, and we have been reviewing and modifying protocols to follow best practices to insure patient and team member safety.
While I remain confident in our ability to keep everyone safe, Dr. David and I decided the right thing to do is to postpone all elective dental treatment and procedures to encourage our patients to stay home.
Public Health officials are stressing the importance of all of us modifying our behaviors to help ‘flatten the curve”. Flattening the curve will save lives by reducing demand on our healthcare system. Per our Public Health Officials, if possible, we all just need to stay home. The best weapon we have against the spread of the virus is isolation.
As I awoke this morning, I received this notice from the Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS):
“…. To ensure the safety of our patients, communities and dental team members, ISDS recommends the following measures that align with Gov. Pritzker’s mandates to limit the spread of COVID-19 ……. for the two-week period beginning Tuesday, March 17 through Tuesday, March 31:
- Treat only patients requiring emergency dental procedures.
- Postpone elective dental treatment and procedures.
- Preserve personal protective equipment (PPE) for emergency dental situations. This action will also preserve the limited supply of PPE so it can be used for urgent and more complex medical care that will be needed in our healthcare system.
- Communicate the utmost importance of the health and safety of our patients, the dental team and our community in implementing these measures
Our priority is the well-being of our family members and community. We are experiencing an unprecedented threat to our Public Health. The choices each of us make, not only affect us, but they also affect vulnerable members of our communities. We are all in this together. Our desire is to contribute to Public Health. While this is an inconvenience for us all, sacrifices now will help reduce pain in the future.
Tony and David Markiewicz and the Team at Markiewicz Dental